Thursday, May 20, 2010

Etsy Love: Sea Babe Jewelry

I recently came across a fabulous pair of Etsian's in my very own backyard (and by backyard, I mean Hawaii).  Local designers Kristin and David of Sea Babe Jewelry create handcrafted artisan jewelry from the North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii.  They use 100% recycled gold and silver in their designs.  The simplicity in their designs is stunning.  Each piece is delicate and finely detailed.  

Kristin and David's designs begin at $20.  The Twenty Dollar Ring is a gorgeous piece that is so beautiful that no one will believe you only paid $20 for it.  A few other pieces that I simple adore are The Bacon Stack, The Three Gold Stack, and my ultimate favorite piece from their shop, the Infnity Plus One ring.  The craftsmanship of each piece is undeniably exquisite.  Let's get to know a little more about Sea Babe Jewelry...



Meet the artist 
-Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Kristin, and my other half is David and together we make up Sea Babe Jewelry. I have my own shop on Etsy, called Sea Babe and together we run the Etsy shop, Sea Babe Jewelry. This is a full time operation and we both work from home doing this day in and day out.

-What inspired you to begin Sea Babe Jewelry?
At the time, I was looking for a hobby. We had some friends that introduced us to "shelling" at our local beach. We were hooked and soon started making our shells into jewelry to sell at our local Country Market. The whole thing grew into a business from there.

-Where do you find inspiration?
I get inspiration from beach culture, current fashion trends, and I like to make pieces that I, myself would like to see and wear.

-Who do you see wearing your designs, do you wear them yourself?
I pretty much only wear stuff I make right now. Because I make what I love, I end up wanting many of the things I make. It's really a fun part about the business.

-I love that your designs are hand-crafted from 100% recycled silver and gold. Can you share with us your view about the importance of recycling and/or sustainability?
David and I made sure when we started Sea Babe that being eco-friendly would always be a big part our mission. We chose to use recycled metals, and opted not to use certain products, like glues or resins. We also use minimal electricity and seek out ways to contribute to our local environment.

-What is one of your favorite things to do in Hawaii (Oahu)?
I love doing things like going to the beach, hiking, and bike riding. But if someone was coming to visit, I would have to say that a drive out to the H-3 Pali Highway would be what I would recommend. The views from this drive are gorgeous and you get to drive through a mountain by way of a large lighted tunnel.

I was ecstatic when Kristin offered to send me my favorite piece - the Infinity Plus One ring (fine silver).  From the moment I recieved the ring, I fell in LOVE!  It came packaged in a cute little box and Kristin even included a handmade orchid hairpin.  The ring itself is even more magnificent in person.  The pictures do not do it justice.  The quality is superb; delicate but substantial.  The fit is true to size and I love that the ring is made of fine/pure and recycled silver.  I don't have to worry about getting it wet or my fingers turning green (unlike my abundant collection of F21 rings.  ha ha!).  Another thing I love about the Infinity Plus One ring is that I can wear it a few different ways.  I'm a big fan of versatility!  This ring is slowly becoming one of my favorite pieces of jewelry (of course my wedding/engagment rings will always be at the top of the list, but that's a given!).  Many Mahalos Kristin and David for letting me feature your shop on my blog and for sending me such a beautiful piece of jewelry. I'm sure I'll be paying your shop another visit. :)




Treat yourself to something magical and hop on over the Sea Babe Jewelry to pick up your very own treasure from Hawaii!  

Love, S

40 comments:

PinkBow said...

very nice find & good interview. it's amazing what can be on your own doorstep!

Couture Carrie said...

Stunning ring and interview, darling!

xoxox,
CC

carissa said...

i'm in LOVE.

Alee said...

Gorgeous! I'm a new follower of your blog, and love it already!

aleeanddan.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

So pretty, I love the twisted one!

Melanie@Unravelled Threads

Blair McLeod said...

LOVE those criss-cross rings!

A Gluten Freestyle said...

Loved reading the interview and LOVELY rings. Thanks for sharing them!
x

Leenda said...

Cute rings! I love anything sterling silver. lol Hmm...maybe I should get a new ring? There's so many ways to wear this one! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ring!

holly in heels said...

This is a great post--so fun to hear about an Etsy artist! I love the bangles soooo much. I'm heading to this Etsy shop next!
xoxo,
www.hollyinheels.com

Leah said...

I love your ring... the design is simple yet so stunning. Gotta visit this shop. Thanks for sharing S! xoxo

Josie said...

I love your new ring -- so gorgeous! She sounds like a sweetheart, and I am honestly so taken by her jewelry. Beautiful!
xxoo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

What a great esty! I'll def be stopping by. And what a precious gift they sent you! I bet you'll have it for life. =)
thanks for your comment, visit again soon.

cArLa said...

i love that ring! it's so versatile!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love Seababe and Seadude:)
They are wonderful peoples!
*hugs* from cali!
♥moonstr

Stephanie said...

She has such gorgeous things in her shop! I love the Twenty Dollar Ring, and the ones similar to it. There's something about rings like that that have uneven levels to them that I just love.

Great shop, thanks for showing us!

kittyd said...

Great interview and gorgeous ring! ♥

zippityduda said...

Love the shout out for David & Kristin! Nice interview.

Michelle said...

hi sharon!
how have you been? i am so behind on blogging. I really like the criss cross ring, it is super cute!

hope you are doing well :)

www.alwaysoverdressed.com

Gorgeous Glam said...

Gorgeous! Great interview too doll! xoxo

Joie de Viv said...

Oh! So cool and you know I love anything from Hawaii! I'm jumping over to the shop now!

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

Taylor Sterling said...

great interview~ love he rings!

LyddieGal said...

I love the hammered metal looks, so gorgeous!!

Chic on the Cheap

Alely said...

wow, super cute stuff!

Cat said...

What lovely jewelry!!!! Great interview!

Nora said...

great interview! and those collections are lovely. =))

hugs and kisses,
NORA
Fashion Fantasy Land

Dallas Shaw said...

these are great!
dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

michelle_ said...

that etsy store is sooo cute :)

thanks alot of for stopping by at my blog :)
xx GLISTERS & BLISTERS

haute.teapot said...

Wow, I love it. That $20 ring does seem to go with everything. :) Great interview and love how you showed wearing the ring in so many different ways.

Graham I. Haynes said...

Great interview! I love that she infuses the spirit of Hawai'i into her craft.

Sandy a la Mode said...

omg, that ring you bought is soooo darling! i LOVE it sharon, i want to go to hawaii right now so i can go shopping with you hehe. have a fabulous weekend doll!!

jozen said...

oh so pretty!!

Maeko @ thereafterish. said...

You are the QUEEN of rings! I love it. I've been thinking of sporting more rings lately... but the choice between choosing accessories and clothing or shoes, shoes or clothes always win. It's like accessories are just an after thought for me. So sad.

And they can do so much. I WOULD LOVE to pile it on.

Thanks for posting this!

XXs
Maeko. thereafterish.

Unknown said...

She has some really cute rings!

I hope you have a good weekend!! I think mine is full of relaxing and family time. Yipee skipee!

Alexandra said...

Those rings are so pretty!!!!

As far as those shoes go... I think I would drop dead if I found them that cheap!!! I'm definitely going out on a search this weekend!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Not only do I love the name - Sea Babe Jewelry - I love the simplicity and elegance of the aesthetics. What a magnificent find, Sharon; and gorgeous interview!! :)

iamronel said...

wow , pretty cool ring..like it

Other blog's
http://staysuperfit.com
http://priceronel.com
http://ronelmarin.com
http://expresswhatyoufeel.com
http://ronelworld.com

ronelmarin.net said...

great, nice to know about the shop..:)

Bea said...

I love it when bloggers give local businesses some love :)

Those rings are very delicate and simple. Very much my type too!

B from A plus B

Roya said...

That ring is stunning, love.