Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday Night

I made home made, from scratch, mozzarella sticks tonight. It came out really great. So great that Eli and I ate waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many of them! I'll have to think twice now before spending $7++ for an order of mozz stix when we go out to eat. Much better when it's made with love, by me, for me, and for my love. :)



I also made delicious **Apple Cake**. I didn't have butter at home, so I asked Eli to get some for me at the market after his workout... and when he got home I opened the grocery bag to find Imperial Margarine Sticks. NOT BUTTER AT ALL!! He said, "It's the same thing!"... clearly he doesn't know what he's talking about, but I love his efforts regardless. :) I used it anyway... but although the cake still came out good, BUTTER would have made it better. Everything always better with butter, in moderation of course.



Apple Cake Recipe ^_* (thanks, Mrs. D!!)
Preheat oven 350 degrees
Cream together until smooth (by hand is fine):
1 stick butter, room temp.
1 c sugar
Add and mix:
1 egg
1 cup diced apples (approximately 1 large apple)
1 tsp vanilla extract
dash salt
Sift together, add, and mix:
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg (optional)
Pour into greased pyrex dish and bake for 35 minutes, until browned. Check with toothpick, if it comes out clean, it's done! Enjoy.
***You can also add chopped nuts to the batter.
***I like my apple cake with out frosting, but you can make a simple cream cheese frosting or serve it ala mode.... Enjoy!!!
Love, S

No comments: