Saturday, February 6, 2010

How funky is your chicken? How loose is your goose?

Kinda been in a funk this week. I feel like I'm so busy, yet it's been sooo slow at work :(  I've been missing a lot of friends too.. and my lovely sister. I hope she comes for a visit this month.

Saw these Deena & Ozzy sandals at UO and totally wanted them, but I didn't want to dish out $48.00 + the ridiculous shipping costs to HI. Then last weekend while doing some window shopping my shoe fairy must have been watching over me because I was able to snag a very similar pair (Chinese Laundry) for only $13!! :) I like the version I got becuase it's a plain thong instead of the toe loopy thing. My toe is much better by the way. Yay!! Still no heels or covered shoes though. Boo.

Went to B&N tonight on the hunt for a new sewing / crafting book, but no luck. I also wanted to pick up the new Nylon, but they were out too. wth! There was a table filled with amazing Alice in Wonderland merch and I wanted to buy every single thing.. but my wallet told me no...


{top - Lux, boyfriend blazer - Target, leggings - Macys, canvas wrap sandals - Chinese Laundry, clutch - SASHA, double finger cross ring - F21, bracelets - F21 & thrift}


It's nearly ONEam and the hubby just made us some coffee and heated up some homemade pound cake (Thanks Leah). I probably won't be able to ge to bed for a while now, so I'm off to craft and DIY a storm!  If you ever want a DIY made by me, I'd love to make you one. Let me know. Toodles!

I can't believe it's already February!!

Love, S

20 comments:

Sher said...

Wow, that's such a nice fitted blazer on you! I wish I can find one that fits me so perfectly!!

And yay for craft and diys! I also wish I'm more gifted in that area lol:P

Time really do flies:)

xx

Joie de Viv said...

Glad to hear about your shoe score! Yay to DIY! I rarely have the time or energy to finish - but I just posted my recent DIY project! Hope u check it out!

http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

Tippy said...

i love the subject heading, an ode to buffy the vampire slayer movie?

what a great deal on those shoes!

your diy projects have been a huge inspiration, btw. :)

Tabitha said...

Great find on your new shoes! Don't you love how things like that always work out for the best.

I love that LUX top - the color and print are fabulous. Hope you and hubby are having a great weekend!

Jen Hsieh said...

i this blazer on you so much! and yay for finding those shoes you wanted for so much cheaper. things like that always make you happy you waited :)

have fun with your DIYs! i never have enough talent, patience, or time to put something together myself.

daisychain said...

those shoes are kinda awesome.

Paint it Black said...

Wow you look stunning hun. Love this outfit soooo much you are a cute rock chic and you are working those flat shoes. xoxo

Gabriella said...

love the blue great color on you :]

Couture Carrie said...

Love the look, darling!

xoxox,
CC

un petit lapin said...

Your top is great! It works so well with your chic blazer and pants. Ooh I wish you'd taken a photo of the Alice in Wonderland merchandise.

o said...

hi, s! glad to hear that ur toe is doing much better:) thanks for ur sweet comment on my blog:) p.s. i made this is such an awesome site! u have amazing diy projects urself!:D can't wait to see ur next one. i love ur outfit above, especially the blazer! i'm on the hunt for something similar, but can't seem to find one that fits me well (and affordable hehe). love ur new sandals! such a steal, too!!

have a great weekend!

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Marz said...

I love this outfit! That blue looks just amazing on you! And those sandles are really pretty but UO's shipping costs are really horrible to Canada too, I never order from their website because of that.
-Marz

Corie said...

I totally love the shoes! It's funny because I just bought a pair out of Baker's Shoes last week...totally love them. Love the blazer! Good to hear that your toe is better :-)

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Alright - how do you get your hair so bouncy and shiny like that?!

Lucia said...

Your blazer is so nice! I like it! That color shirt looks so good on you :) I'm so glad the shoe fairy was around, it's always so nice to find what you are looking for...for a better price!

hellolucie.blogspot.com

The Haute Bitch said...

you look so cute in your outfit! loves.

www.thehautebitch.com

KRISTY said...

the blazer fits your perfectly, i love the pop of blue from you top! :)

www.monochomachic.com

Jessica said...

You look great! Very classic - and I think turquoise looks amazing on you. I prefer the sandals you ended up with over the UO ones (and I even hate paying for their domestic shipping!).

Cafe Fashionista said...

I absolutely adore the way the teal top and the white cuffs totally make your outfit pop - it's amazing how just a little color goes a long way in enhancing the color black!!

I too almost splurged on books from the Alice in Wonderland display at B&N, but I managed to stop myself!! :)

tam pham said...

love this outfit! love the black & aqua paired together!

ps. i'm a proud new follower of you! LOVE your blog!