Friday, December 18, 2009

Procrastination pays off... (sometimes)

Quick post...

A few months ago I recieved an order for a custom made money/card box for a 1st birthday party.  I've made money boxes in the past (some include Nemo starfish, Mickey Mouse, pineapple, tokidoki, rasta hearts, cookies, crown, lady bug), but was really excited to do seahorse.  I started this project last night or should I say this morning at 12am and finished a little before 2am!! I'm very happy with the results. :)

The inspiration ~Fisher Price, Ocean Wonders Soothe and Glow Seahorse~



and My creation..
You can see how big I made it!!
Next month I get to finally make my first Hello Kitty one! I'm VERY excited for that one.. and I also get to make a zebra print inspired one for a friend. Got any parties coming up? Orders welcomed. :)

One more thing... today is the last day for the ciellestar giveaway. Enter if you haven't already... a winner will be announced tomorrow!

Happy Friday lovlies. 

Love, S

p.s. I want one of these sooo bad!! I hope I find it under the tree.. if not I'll be getting it for myself for the new year... It's my inspiration to sew more.. and begin designing :)

13 comments:

Leah said...

Fabulous Sharon. Now I can't wait to see the Hello Kitty.

Have a lovely weekend!

Clo by Clau! said...

Wow! You are very creative... I can´t wait to see the Hllo Kitty, I´m such a fan of her

Saludos,
Clau!

P.S. I got a giveaway on my blog
http://clobyclau.blogspot.com/

o said...

oh my goodness! this is so cute! u are very creative, s! looking forward to the hello kitty:D

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Absolutely Ladylike said...

And you made this in 2 hours???? What is your secret? Congratulations! It looks lovely and I can't wait to see the Hello Kitty one!

Wishing you a peaceful weekend dear Sharon, cheers: Evi

Ps: Thanks for adding Absolutely Ladylike to your blog roll...I'm flattered :-)

Anonymous said...

ohhh.. you are so talented. i want seahorsey things now, so cute!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous darling
love it, great inspiration
thanks for sharing as always
and thanks for the sweet comments

-cma
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

Treacle said...

Did you know you won a contest at Couture Carrie, darling? Congratulations!

I'm having another lingerie giveaway on my blog right now too! It's for a black satin bra, panty, and garter belt set worth $85 from Playful Promises. Would love for you to enter. Maybe you'll be lucky again :-)

www.stockingsandlingerieblog.com

Paint it Black said...

Hi sweetie thanks for your lovely comment can you believe that i have only just dicovered false eyelashes. Great fun post you are very creative can't wait to see the Hello Kitty xxx

Taylor Sterling said...

how fun!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That is awesome. You are tres talented. My little dude loves that toy!

jbt said...

i love love love your moneyboxes! i don't know what i would use them for since we don't typically do that for birthdays around here, but i was wondering if you could do a tutorial on how to make one! i think it would be the perfect decoration for my little girls' rooms - something to match their room themes. so happy i found your blog! :)

scrappin2babygirls said...

WOW!!! This is amazing! I stumbled across the pic when I was looking for cake ideas for my lil girls 1st bday party and I knew EXACTLY what it was (well not that it was a money/card box but more of a who).. My baby has the same glow seahorse in the pink color and its her fav toy.. Im curious what you would charge to make something like this in a smaller size.. like half that size.. if thats even possible. thanks so much for sharing your awesome creation and for reading this.
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

How much for another sea horse? My son's first birthday is Aug 27th. and Fisher Price Ocean Wonders is the theme. Contact me Ericka at kittykat_lp@yahoo.com